Effective Date: 7/01/2023
- This Policy covers the information collected during your interactions with (i) our organization’s main website, www.chs-ga.org, and the websites of our affiliated providers that also display this Policy (our “Websites”) and (ii) our social media page(s) (collectively, our “Online Tools”).
- This Policy details how we use information collected by our Online Tools. This Policy is not related to how we provide care. Your interactions with our Online Tools do not necessarily create a treatment relationship with us, and we are not providing you with medical advice. Please do not provide Protected Health Information to us through our Online Tools.
- This Policy is not our Notice of Privacy Practices. The Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that details how your Protected Health Information is managed by our organization. Our Notice of Privacy Practices is available via the “Notice of Privacy Practices” link found on our Websites.
As a general policy, we do not collect your personal information when you simply visit our Online Tools, and you can generally access our Online Tools without providing any personal information. However, during certain interactions with our Online Tools we may collect personal information from you, to the extent that you choose to provide such information to us. The personal information you may provide to us may include but is not limited to your name, email address, address, phone number, date of birth, username, password, billing and payment information, and any other information you choose to share on our social media sites or through a contact form or volunteer sign-up form on our Websites.
We may also automatically collect usage information about your visit to our Websites which may be used to conduct site analysis. This information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual; however, we may associate your IP address with other information you submit to identify you if you threaten our Online Tools, their users, or others.
We use "cookies" on our Websites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive that helps the website run. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience with our Websites and allow us to track analytics. We use third party analytics service providers such as Google Analytics to help us analyze use of our Websites. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to our Websites by following the Google opt-out process.
Some internet browsers have “Do Not Track” or “DNT” features which, when turned on, send a signal to the website that the individual visiting the website does not wish to be tracked. Our Websites do not honor DNT signals, but you can set your browser settings to restrict the placement of cookies.
In addition, social media sites may deploy functional, performance, and advertising cookies to track your interactions with our social media page(s). Please review the privacy policies of such websites for information regarding their cookies and tracking practices.
If you provide any personal information, we may use that information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us, or to provide you with information regarding changes to this Policy.
Additionally, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To tell you about health-related services we offer which may be of interest to you.
- To help us maintain or optimize our Online Tools.
- As is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us.
- As is reasonably necessary helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with our Online Tools.
- As is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, reputation, property, or those of our users, affiliates, or the public, or in the event of an emergency.
Note that any information collected from job applicants or employees through linked sites will be used for purposes of evaluating individuals for employment and managing and administering employment, as applicable.
We do not sell, lease, or rent personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information with affiliated providers as well as with our third party service providers that provide services such as but not limited to billing, credit card processing, job applicant portals, and e-mail distribution. We may also disclose your personal information as necessary in the context of a merger, sale, or acquisition, or as required by law or law enforcement.
Our Websites and Online Tools may link to other websites or online resources. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or resources, including social media sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Websites and to read the privacy statements of any other resource that collects personal information. Please be aware that any information you post on a social media site may be available to the public and others may use that information in a way that is not consistent with this Policy.
From time-to-time our Online Tools may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose to participate and therefore disclose information. Information requested may include survey answers, contact information, and demographic information. The personal information provided will be used to notify the winners and award prizes, or for any of the other purposes set forth in this Policy.
While using our Online Tools, you may be asked whether you want us to access your geographic location based on the location of your device. If you select yes, and save that setting, we may access and collect your IP address to display custom content to you based on your location.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from website visitors in this age group.
No method of digital transmission or electronic storage can be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access and Correction
If you would like to receive a copy of, or make corrections to, the personal information we have collected about you through our Online Tools or in the course of making a donation, please contact us at the contact information listed below. Depending on the nature of your request, we may need to request additional information to verify your identity.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights with or on behalf of any party. We want you to be aware of what information is being collected, how the information is being used, and under what circumstances, if any, the information may be disclosed. We reserve the right to modify this Policy any time and invite you to review it frequently. Changes to this Policy will apply immediately upon posting to our Websites.
How To Contact Us
This document is prepared for Community Health Systems, Inc. d/b/a
Community Health Services of Georgia and its affiliate(s) (CHSGa)